Beau Pre fundraising shop, St Ouen
Our Beau Pre shop is re-opening at 10am on Wednesday 3 February
The Hospice fundraising shops are a vital source of revenue for Jersey Hospice Care and we’re very grateful for all the wonderful donations we receive. Our shop in St Ouen is a huge warehouse and a visit is a must.
We have a Facebook page Jersey Hospice Care’s Shops, which highlights some of our valuable or more unusual items for sale.
Our Beau Pre Fundraising shop is open on Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday between 10.00 and 16.00.
Changes to our shop
To ensure the safety of our staff, volunteers and customers, we have introduced a number of changes and controls to safely open the shop and adhere to Government of Jersey guidance. These include:
- Changing the shop layout
- Implementing physical distancing measures
- Use of Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Increasing cleaning and hygiene procedures
When visiting the shop, to protect us all from coronavirus please:
- Only visit if you don’t have COVID-19 symptoms
- Clean your hands with sanitiser provided
- Wear a mask or face covering while in the shop
- Keep at least 2 metres distance from others
- Adhere to the marked one way system in the shop
- Shop alone wherever possible
- Minimise touching stock wherever possible
Please also note:
- Only card payments are accepted
- Changing rooms and toilet facilities are closed
- There is a separate shop entrance and exit
- Ask a member of staff for help and advice
Our priority in re-opening is the safety of our community and we will make changes to our arrangements as Government of Jersey guidance is updated.
We very much look forward to welcoming you all back to Beau Pre when we are able to do so, which will enable Jersey Hospice Care to raise essential funds.
Donations will be accepted Monday to Saturday (10 am to 3:30pm) at the usual donations door, but customers will not be permitted to enter the store and will need to maintain a 2 metre physical distance from staff and volunteers.
Key controls include:
- A physical barrier (2 metre distance) outside the donations door, with signage explaining the donation process
- A staff member or volunteer will be available to provide advice
- You will be required to use hand sanitiser before unloading your donations
- You will be required to unload your own donations and place in cage provided
- Cages full of donations will be dated and moved to a designated storage area
- Donations will be stored for a minimum of 3 days before being sorted
Please do not leave any donations outside when there is nobody in the shop. Unfortunately, this can lead to your kind donations either being stolen or damaged if the weather is bad, which means it cannot be used to raise money for Jersey Hospice Care and will need to be disposed of.
Items we accept at our Beau Pre Shop
If you would like to donate good quality items, the following is always welcome:
- Bridal wear
- Designer and branded wear
- Disability equipment such as wheelchairs, mobility scooters and mobility aids
- DVD and CD
- Electrical appliances that are working – we will PAT safety test them
- Furniture items
- Household linens and good quality curtains
- Mattresses – must be clean and in good condition
- Mobile phones – to recycle
- Sports Equipment
- Unopened gift sets
Please do not bring items for sale into Jersey Hospice Care on Mont Cochon, as unfortunately we have no available storage space on site.
Items we do not accept
We regret we are unable to accept the following items for sale at our shops:
- Baby car seats
- Crash helmets and riding hats
- Food or drink
- Gas and Oil appliances
- Household / Garden Waste
- Knives, firearms (including replicas), explosives – including fireworks
- Medical equipment and medicines
- Nursery furniture, including prams, pushchairs, high chairs, cots, moses baskets and baby mattresses
- Opened Cosmetics
- Sharps: darts, needles, scissors, swords and spears
- Video cassette tapes
Delivery and collection service
Currently, we are only able to collect items from outside properties and are only able to deliver to the front door. Our drivers will be following strict hygiene measures for the safety of all our customers.
Large items, such as furniture or electrical appliances, are always welcome. We offer a free collection service, which can be arranged by calling 487982 or emailing us. Please give us as much notice as possible.
If you’d like us to deliver a purchase to you, we can do so for a £25 fee.
Credit/debit cards can be used for purchases and we accept Apple Pay. We are sorry, but we no longer accept cheques.
Where to find us
Beau Pre Farm, La Rue de la Croix, St Ouen JE3 2DR
Tel – 01534 487982