COVID-19 Educational Resources for Professionals
Information and resources to support Healthcare workers
Clinical Educational Resources
- NHS England & Health Education England e-learning for end of life care – This portal contains a COVID-19 specific learning pathway that is designed to support practice at this time relating to end of life care at this time. Free to access.
- World Health Organisation – This course contains information on emerging respiratory viruses including COVID-19. Free to access.
- Real Talk – A communication framework for health and social care professionals having unwelcome conversations around COVID-19. If you click on this link, you then need to click on ‘end of life care COVID’ and then ‘documents and videos’.
- The Lancet – To assist health workers and researchers working under challenging conditions to bring this outbreak to a close, The Lancet has created a Coronavirus Resource Centre. This resource brings together new 2019 novel coronavirus disease (COVID-19) content from across The Lancet journals as it is published. All of the COVID-19 content is free to access.
- Skills for Health – A free online resource and awareness course for those working in the public sector, particularly key workers, to learn about COVID-19 (Coronavirus), symptoms, infection prevention, investigation, guidance and support.
- The Gold Standards Framework Centre – Information and guidance from The Gold Standards Framework Centre on the Coronavirus Epidemic, including resources that might be helpful.
National and local guidance for clinical staff
- NICE and The Faculty of Intensive Care Medicine (FICM) – This page shares best practice guidance, with an emphasis on the qualitative and holistic aspects of care, whilst also aiming to make the reader aware of COVID-19 specific issues relating to end-of-life care.
- NICE COVID-19 – Provides guidance for critical care in adults.