Opening the Spiritual Gate
Having a conversation about spiritual issues is not always easy. However, when providing holistic care, addressing spirituality is everybody’s business and all of us in health care have a role to play.
This interactive full day workshop aims to support health and social care workers to develop confidence and skills in assessing and having conversations about spiritual needs with those in their care. Throughout the day, we will offer opportunities to:
- Discuss the diversity and individuality of spiritual and religious needs
- Consider how to open, maintain and close a conversation about spiritual issues
- Understand the importance of concise and confidential reporting and communication of spiritual needs
- Consider a management plan for meeting spiritual needs
- Have access to available resources to support conversations
- Develop an individual action plan to apply within the workplace
This course is facilitated by the Jersey Hospice Care Education Team
Is this course for me?
This course is intended for all health and social care workers in any setting and provides further learning related to spirituality.
Gail Edwards: Nurse Champion, Judy Le Marquand: Practice Development Sister, and Emily Churchill: Spiritual Lead
Should you have any queries please do not hesitate to contact Geoff Benning at Jersey Hospice Care (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Sandwiches are available at Jersey Hospice Care at a subsidised rate and can be ordered on the day of the event at Reception.
An allergy guide will be available should you have any dietary requirements.
Please come to the JHC reception on arrival for venue details