We aim to provide bespoke packages of support for our patients, based upon their personal priorities, goals and needs.
The King Centre provides wellbeing services that support patients affected by life limiting illnesses to enable them to live life as fully as possible, alongside their illness.
We see our patients and their families as equal partners in their health and well-being. Our services aim to equip and empower people with the knowledge, tools, confidence and resilience to play an active role in managing their illness and its effects, with just enough tailored support to enable them to continue to live their lives as fully as possible.
Which professionals can I see?
The Nurses are available to:
- undertake nursing assessments to understand your problems, concerns and symptoms and to provide support and advice to ensure your symptoms are managed as best as possible based upon your personal goals
- help co-ordinate and deliver your care in partnership with other Jersey Hospice Care staff, community and hospital services
- give you the opportunity to discuss your priorities and needs, what is important to you and to ensure your wishes about your future care are identified and addressed.
The Physiotherapists are available to:
- help you remain as independent as possible and in control of your life, despite your illness. They will do this by helping you to adapt to any changes that may be occurring as a result of your illness and therefore help you to remain as independent as possible
- help you identify your priorities, needs and wishes and devise goals to work towards, no matter what stage of illness you are at
- practically support you and your family to understand and manage symptoms such as pain, breathlessness, anxiety and fatigue
- offer bespoke therapeutic activities including the opportunity to take part in our gym groups.
The Complementary Therapists are available to:
- work alongside conventional medical treatments to help improve your well-being
- provide sources of relaxation, help reduce anxiety, stress and tensions and alleviate some of your symptoms through a range of self-care approaches and hands on therapies.
The Emotional Support Team is available to:
- provide emotional support and help you talk through concerns whilst you come to terms with the many challenges and uncertainties which you may have when affected by an advanced illness.
Our wellbeing services
Our wellbeing services provide holistic, multi-disciplinary palliative care support framed around person centred goals delivered with just the right amount of support to equip individuals to live their lives to the fullest and enable people to feel empowered to live life as fully as possible in the community, alongside their illness.
What other things are on offer?
- A social safe space – time to be with others in a similar situation
- Access to the gym
- Relaxation sessions
- Carer support
- Therapeutic activities
- Arts & Crafts
- Hairdressing services (Monday, Wednesday and Friday)
- Bathing service
- Support Groups
- Social activities (pool / table tennis / quiz)
- Workshops on lifestyle & well-being
When and where is the King Centre open?
Our staff are available five days a week, Monday to Friday, and can be located at Jersey Hospice Care, Mont Cochon.
Are you able to help me with transport?
Our Volunteer Drivers may be able to help with transport. You will need to be able to get in and out of a car unaided and one of our team will need to visit your home first to check everything is safe for our Volunteer Driver to collect you.
If it is not possible, we will discuss alternatives with you and your family.
What do I do if I want to come to the King Centre?
If you already receive support from Jersey Hospice Care, you can talk with our staff.
If you are not receiving support at present, you can discuss coming to our King Centre with your doctor or nurse who can make a referral on your behalf. Alternatively, you can refer yourself, subject to your GP’s consent, by telephoning the King Centre staff, Monday to Friday for further information.
Tel : (01534) 876555
Email : KingCentre@jerseyhospicecare.com