Tap to Give
Supporting Jersey Hospice Care through contactless giving
We are excited to introduce a simple way of giving to Jersey Hospice Care, embracing new technology with the roll out of contactless Tap to Give donation boxes across the island.
The Tap to Give donation boxes allow people to make a donation to Hospice quickly and easily at one of our partner locations. They are very easy to use – if you would like to make a donation, simply select the amount and then hold your contactless card or device to the front of the box. All major cards are accepted, as well as Apple Pay and Google Pay.
The first donation boxes are being trialled in the Channel Islands Co-operative Society’s two Grande Marché stores, as well as Café JAC, Bean Around the World, Pizza Hut and La Mare Vineyards. With over 120 partners currently supporting us with cash collection tins , we hope that further partners will come on board to support the cash-free initiative and help care for the community.
Passers-by will also be able to Tap to Give as they go past our Town Fundraising Shop in Union Street. A bright window display features the new device, which you can tap as you go by to donate a fixed amount.
This new initiative has already celebrated significant success across a range of charities in the UK. In an increasingly cashless society, we’re hoping that it will make it quicker and easier for people to donate while they are out and about, without the need to carry any cash.
Would you like to partner with us and hold our contactless donation boxes?
If you’re interested in becoming a partner in this new and exciting initiative, here’s what you need to know in advance:
- The donation boxes comprise a small contactless card reader sat on a free-standing box, which can sit on a counter top, be mounted on a wall or in a window, or be supplied with a floor stand.
- The boxes connect to our payment provider via GPRS so you can simply plug them in and they’re ready to go.
- We will provide the contactless donation box at no cost to you and we just ask that you display it somewhere prominent
- The box itself is 13 cm x 11 cm x 15 cm, so it won’t take up much more space than our current collection tins
- It will need to be plugged in to the mains and comes with a cable
- We will programme the machine so that all you’ll need to do it is turn it on and encourage your customers to tap
- Support from our team is available from 09:00 to 17:00 every working day
- If you would like to sponsor the cost of your donation box(es), we can arrange for your company logo to be shown
If you would like to find out more, please contact our Income Generation team by emailing email@example.com or calling 510349.
The units are supplied by Charge Point, a Jersey company with a passion for helping everyone embrace the potential of new technology.