About the event
We’re celebrating Team Hospice this Hospice Care Week!
This Hospice Care Week, we’d love you to get involved! Each year we join Hospice UK and other hospices across the UK for a week of celebration and action. It’s a chance for us to reflect on the difference hospice care makes to people’s lives and to thank everyone involved in making it possible.
Running from 9-15 October, the theme this year is ‘We are hospice care’ and we will be using the week to shine a spotlight on the amazing individuals helping us to provide expert, compassionate and free care to people with terminal or life-shortening illnesses.
From our medical staff to volunteers, chefs to chaplains, corporate partners to carers, we couldn’t provide the vital, compassionate care we do without their expertise and dedication – and your support.
We’ll be sharing some of their inspiring stories all week on our social media pages.
Please support Hospice Care Week by:
- coming along and chat to our staff during the week, who will be in de Gruchys
- getting in touch about volunteering with us. Email our Volunteers Manager, firstname.lastname@example.org
- visiting our fundraising shops to grab a bargain or donate your quality unwanted items
- making a donation. We need to raise £14,600 every day so that we can provide our services free of charge, so every pound helps
- following our Facebook page all week for the inspiring videos from #TeamHospice
- getting involved on social media by sharing our posts and using the hashtag #WeAreHospiceCare