European Certificate in Essential Palliative Care (in partnership with Princess Alice Hospice)
This is an eight-week home learning course for doctors, nurses and associated healthcare professionals. Learn how to deliver better end of life care with a handbook, accompanied by online materials and the support of a facilitator. Assessment is by a reflective portfolio, examination and viva supported locally by Jersey Hospice Care Education Team and clinical experts in end of life care.
The course content covers:
- What is palliative care and who is it for?
- Symptom issues in palliative care.
- Patients with emergency conditions.
- Patients in the last 48 hours of life.
- Breaking bad news to patients and families.
- Bereavement and support.
- Common ethical issues.
For information about costs and the support available, please click here to view the flyer, or click here to view a Youtube video from Julie Luscombe outlining the course. For information about local support and assessment process please contact JulieLuscombe@jerseyhospicecare.com or GailEdwards@jerseyhospicecare.com
- Staff employed by Jersey Hospice Care apply via your line manager
- Staff employed outside of Jersey Hospice Care apply directly to Princess Alice Hospice firstname.lastname@example.org and request Jersey as your assessment centre on the application form
Dates for 2021
SPRING 2021 – REGISTRATION OPEN (closes 2 April 2021 latest)
19 April 2021- Course launch event 18:00hrs- arrangements to be confirmed
16 June 2021 – Remote assessment day – arrangements in line with COVID-19 restrictions
AUTUMN 2021 – REGISTRATION OPEN
13 September 2021 – Course launch event 18:00hrs – arrangements to be confirmed
10 November 2021 – Assessment day – arrangements to be confirmed
Degree and Masters level study in palliative and end of life care (NM6997/NM7123) In partnership with: Health and Community Services, Government of Jersey and the University of Chester
All health and social care professionals have a potential role to play in the effective provision of palliative and end of life care across all care settings. This module has been designed to enable Registered health and social care professionals to enhance care provided to patients and families facing physical, psychosocial and spiritual issues associated with life-limiting illness. To be accepted onto this module you will need to be a Registered Health Care Professional working in a hospital, hospice or community setting where you sometimes or often provide care for people who have life limiting illnesses.
Join us for this module and you will be able to:
- Explore the art and science of palliative care and its interface with other disciplines to effect high quality care with a sound evidence base.
- Apply the principles and practice of palliative care specific to own client group.
It contributes to the following core dimensions of the Knowledge and Skills Framework:
2 Personal and People Development
3 Health, Safety and Security
4 Service Improvement
6 Equality and Diversity
For details of the dates for 2022 or to find out more about the programme, please contact Dr Julie Luscombe on JulieLuscombe@jerseyhospicecare.com