Restoration of the patient to a person – Palliative Rehabilitation
- 25 Jun, 2019
- 14:00 - 17:00
- A place on this course costs £50
- King Centre, Jersey Hospice Care
How to bookBook online
Cirsty De Gruchy, King Centre Manager
This course will aim to look at the following in more detail :
- What is palliative care?
- What is rehabilitative palliative care
- Evidence for rehabilitation
- Seeing the patient as a person
- To identify what ‘living’ means
- To be able to state reasons why patients lose their identify as a person
- To be able to identify ways to help patients to understand what is important to them
- Examples in practice of rehabilitative palliative care : person centered goal setting, focus on function beyond symptoms, enablement, supported self management
Who should attend?
Anyone who has an interest in enablement and helping patients to live fully until they die. rehabilitative palliative care and who might be interested in taking the next steps in changing or improving their practice / services to help people to live fully until they die.
Places are limited to 15 per session.
In 2015, Hospice UK published ‘Rehabilitative Care : enabling people to live fully until they die, a challenge for the 21st century’. In line with this publication and the Gold Standards Framework, Jersey Hospice Care are working to promote rehabilitative palliative care island wide.
Rehabilitative palliative care is centred on patients’ personal goals and provides a culture of enablement, through which the multi-disciplinary team supports patients to achieve their priorities. It optimises choice, independence, autonomy and dignity and involves the whole team with the patient at the centre of it.
Payment is required to secure the course.
If you cancel the booking within 30 days of the course start date you will still be charged. We do accept replacement delegates up until the last minute or you could arrange to transfer your place onto a later course.
If Jersey Hospice Care has to cancel the course either due to not reaching minimum capacity for the course or due to an unavoidable event such as trainer sickness or adverse weather conditions, we will get in touch to offer an alternative future course date or to offer a refund.
Please note that we don’t charge GST. If you require any invoice, please email email@example.com.
You might also like
|24 Oct, 2019||Advanced Communication Skills – two day course
|26 Feb, 2019||Advanced Communication Skills – two day course
|19 Jun, 2019||Sexuality, Body Image and Dignity
|24 Sep, 2019||Intermediate Communication Skills