Opening the Spiritual Gate – (September) POSTPONED
- 15 Sep, 2021
- 09:00 - 16:00
- £120 or early bird price of £102 if booked more than two months before the course. Lunch is included
- King Centre, Jersey Hospice Care
How to bookBook online
Having a conversation about spiritual issues is not always easy. However, when providing holistic care, addressing spirituality is everybody’s business and all of us in health care have a role to play.
This interactive full day workshop aims to support health and social care workers to develop confidence and skills in assessing and having conversations about spiritual needs with those in their care. Throughout the day, we will offer opportunities to:
- Discuss the diversity and individuality of spiritual and religious needs
- Consider how to open, maintain and close a conversation about spiritual issues
- Understand the importance of concise and confidential reporting and communication of spiritual needs
- Consider a management plan for meeting spiritual needs
- Have access to available resources to support conversations
- Develop an individual action plan to apply within the workplace
This course is facilitated by the Jersey Hospice Care Education Team
Payment is required to secure the course.
If you cancel the booking within 30 days of the course start date you will still be charged. We do accept replacement delegates up until the last minute or you could arrange to transfer your place onto a later course.
If Jersey Hospice Care has to cancel the course either due to not reaching minimum capacity for the course or due to an unavoidable event such as trainer sickness or adverse weather conditions, we will get in touch to offer an alternative future course date or to offer a refund.
Please note that we don’t charge GST. If you require an invoice, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.