Opening the spiritual gate : an introduction to assessing and having conversations about the spiritual needs of those in our care
- 03 Apr, 2019
- 09:00 - 16:00
- A place on this course costs £100. Lunch is included
- King Centre, Jersey Hospice Care
How to bookBook online
Jersey Hospice Care’s Education Team
Throughout the day, we will offer opportunities to:
- Discuss the diversity and individuality of spiritual and religious needs.
- Consider how to open, maintain and close a conversation about spiritual issues.
- Understand the importance of concisely and confidentially record and handover spiritual needs.
- Consider a management plan for meeting spiritual needs.
- Demonstrate available resources to support conversations.
- Develop an individual action plan to apply within the workplace.
Who should attend?
The course is intended for all health and social care staff.
Spaces are limited to 16 people on this popular course.
Having a conversation about spiritual issues is not always easy. However, when providing holistic care, addressing spirituality is everybody’s business and all of us in health care have a role to play. This is an interactive workshop that aims to support health and social care workers to develop confidence and skills in assessing and having conversations about spiritual needs with those in their care.
Payment is required to secure the course.
If you cancel the booking within 30 days of the course start date you will still be charged. We do accept replacement delegates up until the last minute or you could arrange to transfer your place onto a later course.
If Jersey Hospice Care has to cancel the course either due to not reaching minimum capacity for the course or due to an unavoidable event such as trainer sickness or adverse weather conditions, we will get in touch to offer an alternative future course date or to offer a refund.
Please note that we don’t charge GST. If you require any invoice, please email email@example.com.
You might also like
|24 Oct, 2019||Advanced Communication Skills – two day course
|26 Feb, 2019||Advanced Communication Skills – two day course
|19 Jun, 2019||Sexuality, Body Image and Dignity
|24 Sep, 2019||Intermediate Communication Skills