Enhancing End of Life Care in Care Homes: RGN skills based training (April) CANX
- 07 Apr, 2020
- 09:00 to 16:30
- £120 or early bird price of £102 if booked more than two months before the course, Lunch is included
- King Centre, Jersey Hospice Care
How to bookBook online
The session is delivered by a team of health professionals with specialist skills, experience and training in palliative care. The facilitators include Gail Edwards, Nurse Champion, Lorraine Dyer and Maggie Dolan, Clinical Nurse Specialists in Palliative Care.
The course will cover:
• Understand how to effectively develop, demonstrate and maintain continued competence in using a syringe pump at the end of life
• Expand your skills in assessing and managing symptoms at end of life
• Anticipatory Prescribing
• Advance Care Planning and Treatment Escalation Planning
• Priorities of Care and the Personalised Care Record
• Reflective practice
This day provides an opportunity for professional development.
Who should attend?
Registered General Nurses in a Care Home setting.
This full training day provides an essential update for registered nurses caring for residents at the end of life. There is growing recognition of the importance of care delivered in care homes, with nurses working in this area managing acute episodes of care, complex long term conditions as well as end of life nursing needs.
The day, which includes national updates and case studies, will focus on developing your skills, confidence and competence as a nurse delivering end of life care.